diff -ur bdii4-188.8.131.52.orig/doc/section5 bdii4-184.108.40.206/doc/section5
--- bdii4-220.127.116.11.orig/doc/section5 2008-03-07 15:00:01.000000000 +0100
+++ bdii4-18.104.22.168/doc/section5 2009-10-09 00:15:29.140114230 +0200
@@ -1,4 +1,10 @@
+bdii - configuration files
Configuration for bdii-update: a list of source URLs for resource information.
Format: one unique name + one URL per line, shell-style commented.
@@ -14,7 +20,7 @@
NOTE: when BDII_AUTO_UPDATE is set to yes in bdii.conf, this file will be
periodically overwritten with the document referred to by the BDII_UPDATE_URL.
Configuration set up parameters for bdii, bdii-fwd, and bdii-update.
@@ -28,11 +34,12 @@
Typical value: 2170
- Ports used to connect to any of the set of slapd servers that host
- the directory content. At any time the port of the most up-to-date
- slapd is used as a backend by the bdii-fwd service to link to the
- BDII service port $BDII_PORT_READ. The slapd databases are updated
- cyclically, with each instance being used for up to a few minutes.
+ Ports used to connect to any of the set of slapd servers that
+ host the directory content. At any time the port of the most
+ up-to-date slapd is used as a backend by the bdii-fwd service
+ to link to the BDII service port $BDII_PORT_READ. The slapd
+ databases are updated cyclically, with each instance being
+ used for up to a few minutes.
Allowed values: space separated and quoted list of
non-identical ports, each between 1-65535,
@@ -95,19 +102,22 @@
URL of a document containing a bdii-update.conf file.
Allowed values: http or https URL
- Typical value: http://some.host.some.domain/some/path/all-sites.conf
+ Typical value:
Path to a proxy derived from the host certificate, to be made
available to info providers that query secure services.
- Allowed values: full path to file, or empty to disable the feature
- Typical value: /opt/bdii/var/hostproxy (default)
+ Allowed values: full path to file, or empty to disable the
+ Typical value: /opt/bdii/var/hostproxy (default)
- Loglevel for the OpenLDAP server. Please see the man page for
- slapd.conf when specifying this value. Be sure to have the syslog
- facility configured to accept log messages from the slapd daemon.
- A level of 0 disables logging (default).
+ Loglevel for the OpenLDAP server. Please see the man page for
+ slapd.conf when specifying this value. Be sure to have the
+ syslog facility configured to accept log messages from the
+ slapd daemon. A level of 0 disables logging (default).
Path of the slapd daemon installed by the third-party
diff -ur bdii4-22.214.171.124.orig/doc/section8 bdii4-126.96.36.199/doc/section8
--- bdii4-188.8.131.52.orig/doc/section8 2005-12-01 23:18:02.000000000 +0100
+++ bdii4-184.108.40.206/doc/section8 2009-10-09 00:15:29.141113974 +0200
@@ -1,4 +1,10 @@
-=head1 Service: bdii-update
+bdii - services
+=head2 Service: bdii-update
The Berkeley Database Information Index (BDII) consists of two or more
standard LDAP databases that are populated by an update process.
@@ -17,7 +23,7 @@
Configuration files: bdii-update.conf, bdii.conf
-=head1 Service: bdii-fwd
+=head2 Service: bdii-fwd
The BDII fwd service is a TCP port forwarder that redirects request on
the external service port to any of a set of backend ports, always
@@ -29,13 +35,13 @@
Configuration files: bdii-fwd.conf (generated by bdii-update)
-=head1 Service: bdii-proxy
+=head2 Service: bdii-proxy
Script to generate a proxy derived from the host certificate, to be made
available to info providers that query secure services. It is called
once when the BDII is started and henceforth regularly by a cron job.
-=head1 Service: bdii
+=head2 Service: bdii
SystemV init script to start/stop the bdii-update service and the
bdii-related slapd daemons. It will write the slapd.conf configuration